Briar Mede Booking Terms & Conditions
- A non-refundable deposit of 25% of holiday price is payable at time of booking. Bookings made less than six weeks before your arrival date must be accompanied by the full amount of the holiday charge and the £50 refundable damage deposit.
- The balance must be paid so as to arrive no later than the six weeks before commencement of your holiday. If the balance is not received by the due date then your holiday will be treated as a cancellation and the client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent.
- All cancellations must be immediately notified by telephone and then in writing. If you cancel your holiday more than six weeks before it is due to start then your deposit will be forfeit. If you cancel less than six weeks prior to your holiday then the full balance remains due and is not refundable.
- We strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance. If you choose not to then you accept responsibility for any loss that may incur due to your cancellation.
- Your booking will not be cancelled by the owner except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us
- The number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed four adults and two children under 12 yrs and only those persons listed on booking form can occupy the cottage. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of breach of this condition.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age.
- We (the owner) reserve the right to refuse a booking without giving reason.
- We or our representative reserve the right to enter the premises at any time to undertake essential maintenance or inspection purposes.
- Tenancies commence 2pm Saturdays unless otherwise agreed and guests are required to vacate the cottage on the agreed day of departure by 10am. All guests requested to leave cottage as clean as they found it on arrival.
- It is a non-smoking cottage and smoking anywhere will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments. This must be strictly adhered to and any damage or extra cleaning caused by pets or smoking will be at the expense of the person who made the booking.
- One well behaved dog allowed but only allowed downstairs in the cottage and Not upstairs or on any item of furniture.
- Damage deposit. In making a booking you accept responsibility for any theft, breakage or damage caused by you or any member of your party and agree to indemnify us for any loss that we may incur as a result.
- The security deposit will be returned within 10 days of the end of your holiday less the cost of breakages or damage.
- Damage to property - Please treat the facilities and accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. In the event that you notice damage in the cottage please let us know immediately so we can take appropriate action. If there any breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you replace them or advise us before you leave. The accommodation is inspected at the end of the holiday and you may be charged for any loss or damage found.
- Guests must lock the doors and windows when they leave the property unoccupied.
- The owner reserves the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition.
- Please note that in the event that any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay the replacement costs will be charged to you.
- The client may in no circumstances re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
- The internet connection is available (at no extra cost) subject to technical availability.
- The owner shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the building.
- All inventories must remain in the property they were on arrival and not be taken to another property.
- The wood burner stove will have two nights fuel provided and further fuel can be purchased from the owner or local shop. The responsibility for the use of the wood burner rests with the guests and the owners stress that it is their responsibility to advise any children of the risk of injury from wood burning stoves if they touch the burner. Strict instructions on how to light the burner and empty ashes etc should be adhered to and all information is provided in the guest information folder.
- We (the owner) only collect your personal data to enable contact with regards to your holiday.
- Data will be stored securely by only ourselves and will never be passed to a third party.
- By agreeing to our terms and conditions you are consenting to us holding and processing your personal data.